We’ve finally found a solution for people who love houseplants. Here are 9 plants that can grow hydroponically, meaning they can survive without potting soil.
1.Pothos ( Money Plant) : Take tip cuttings of any length & put cut end into some water making sure that 2-3 nodes are submerged in water.
2. Arrowhead : This plant is similar to pothos.
Tip cuttings can be potted up with a few nodes below the water level.
3. Philodendrons : Dainty heart-leaved philodendrons, as well as the large, split-leaved types do equally well in water.
Take 6-8 inch cuttings of growing tips, place a piece of rock in container to prevent accidental tipping.
4. Peace Lily :
You can pot up divisions or use an entire plant growing in a pot. Wash off soil from roots & put it in Hydroponic Vase.
5. Aluminum plant : This beautiful plant with silver markings do very well in water.
6. Dracaena : commonly grown in water as Chinese lucky bamboo incidentally is no bamboo, but a variety of dracaena.Others like corn plant (D. fragrans), Song of India (D. reflexa) are good choices, support needed for these top heavy plants.
7. Dieffenbachia (Dumb cane) : Cut top growth and pot up in water after the cut end becomes dry. Care must be taken while handling this plant; its sap is so caustic, it can burn your skin.
8. Chinese evergreen (Aglaonema) : Cuttings or clean whole plants growing in pots & put them in Hydroponic Vase.
9. Chlorophytum (Spider plant, Airplane plant) : Put large plantlets or entire plants cleaned of all soil particles in goldfish bowls full of water.
For your utmost satisfaction: At Naturally Green we are completely dedicated to providing you with quality products for your quest for gardening & the greens.
Are the products tested for results?
Naturally Green Seeds are tested by real gardeners from across India & endorsed for proven results by them.
Taste Fresh and New Flavours from Your Garden. Enjoy the fruits / flowers of your labour.
Grow what you Eat. Eat what you grow.
For further details on Plant & Plant care, do visit us at www.naturallygreeenindia.com.
Do try our products and many more for complete plant care.
We endeavour & encourage people to grow their own food. Grow what you eat. Eat what you grow. Go Healthy. Go Safe. Stay in Control.